I just returned from a wonderful week in Nashville for the Festival of Homiletics. It was such an incredible time I’m having trouble summarizing all of it, so I have decided to share some of the highlights from my tweets from the week. Please feel free to read more of them on my twitter page.
I am delighted to announce officially that I am now the new pastor of First Presbyterian Church of Jesup, IA!
I am so excited to serve with this congregation. This church is full of people who are family to one another, sometimes by blood, mostly by the love they have for each other. They have welcomed me with open arms and have been incredibly hospitable every step of the way. Members of the congregation have spent the past week and a half getting the manse ready for me to live in it and it looks beautiful.
The church seems excited by my passions for using technology in church life, especially in worship. It’s a very relational church and as I am a very relational person I think that it will be a very good fit!
Here are some other things people have been asking me about:
- There is one worship service each Sunday and the worship style is blended with contemporary music every other week.
- The town of Jesup has a population of about 2,500.
- Average worship attendance is about 80.
- Waterloo is the closest bigger city, only about 15-20 minutes away.
- Cedar Falls is about 30 minutes away and has a street with a great coffee shop, knitting store, and bike shop all in a row. I think I will be spending a lot of time on that street!
- Cedar Rapids is about 45 minutes away with all sorts of things going on there.
A big thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me, praying for me throughout feeling a call to ministry in the 8th grade until finding this call. It’s been a long journey to get to this point and I am so very excited to see what God has in store for me in this exciting new beginning! Your continued prayers would be appreciated!